Thank you for taking a few minutes to read how to get more from Abroad101. It’s been 9 years since our first university partner, 2 ½ years under new management and we’re getting better every day! Summer a great time to catch up on projects and plan for the year ahead. Below are some ways you can benefit from working with Abroad101:
Login to Your Dashboard, Add Scholarships!
Abroad101 publishes a popular Study Abroad Scholarship Directory (Page 1 on Google). These entries are also displayed on the matching Program (free) Listings under a Financial Aid tab. You’ll find links to add/update your scholarships on the left side of your account dashboard. Under the “Providers” heading, click “Scholarships Available” to a menu with 2 tabs: “Current Scholarships” and “New Scholarships”. You will have the option to make each scholarship apply to all your programs, or specific ones. Add as many as you’d like.
After you revise this part of your listings, we encourage you to edit each of your programs, add some new photos, videos and don’t forget the study subjects. Each study subject puts your Program Listing in an additional directory. If you are an advertiser, your Featured Programs will also appear in matching Study Subject Directories.
Use Abroad101 to Connect with Universities:
When a student completes a review, a notification is sent to both the provider and the student’s home university advisor(s). The reviews are displayed on the Program Listing, provider’s portal and the home university’s portal on Abroad101. We hope you’ll use this as a calling card with each university as each review is:
- a point of pride of the returning student
- a testimonial for future students
- reassurance for parents about what to expect from study abroad
Advisors have the option to create a preferred programs list on their Abroad101 portal and we encourage you to ask your partners to be sure your programs are included. The “University Approvals” report on your Abroad101 dashboard will show how you’re doing. We also hope you will encourage your partner schools to use Abroad101 for all program evaluations. We’d be happy to give any an online demo of our free software to any advisor/administrator you nominate. In return, you get a steady flow of reviews with the extra candor that comes when universities require the review.
Survey Fatigue? Use Abroad101 as YOUR Official Program Evaluation Software:
Universities who use Abroad101 as their official program evaluation software have the option to add to the standard set of 38 questions. If you use Abroad101 as your official program evaluation software, you can have that same feature. With Abroad101 you can also export the completed evaluations, tie them to your CRM/enrollment system with an API or use our “Graphs” for simplified reporting.
The core system and extra questions are free. Managed Services and our custom Abroad201 tools are available at reasonable fees, so consider outsourcing your evaluation process to us!
Why Abroad101? It is “Re-Entry in a Box”
The Abroad101 review is 38 questions in length and is designed to walk students through a reflection of who they were before they left, who they are now and what they hope for their future. As part of this process, they will rate 9 different aspects of their program and provide some insight and tips for future students. Taking 20-30 minutes to complete, the review can help students put their feelings into words and start the process of communicating their experiences in concise and coherent ways. With Abroad101:
- Each review becomes a web page managed by the student
- Notification of each review goes to the student’s home university advising team
- You also get notice of each review
- You get important feedback and insight
- You get good data that can measure against other providers
- You take a leadership position in Transparency
- You get recognized as a market leader who puts students first
Candor is Key:
Reviews are very influential in today’s consumer market and study abroad is no exception. People come to review sites looking for balance to the always-positive websites, brochures and in-person presentations. They know things aren’t perfect and want to understand what may be imperfect about a given location, program or host. Quite often the visitors to Abroad101 are coming to validate their earlier discoveries and because of this, we see a significant portion of our traffic from parents and other adults who support students. The 38 questions in the Abroad101 review give everyone something to discuss with plenty of examples to engage in a meaningful dialog and hopefully break some stereotypes about other people and other parts the world.
If you are worried that negative reviews will negatively impact recruiting, think again. For review websites, criticism draws traffic and attention. Complaints are usually about things beyond the programs control: weather, crime, cost of living and attitudes of local students/residents. For marketers, this goes against your natural instincts, but for Review Websites, the negative sells. We suggest you read “You Don’t Want a 5 Star Review” and Reviews Sell Products (and lack of reviews can hurt).
Cost-Effective Ad Packages:
It’s that time of year when many of our client renew their advertising and new budgets bring new clients. Our constant attention to detail and continual improvements to the site’s performance seem to be working. Abroad101 is a review website, it’s all we do. That means we are different than sites that focus on lead generation. Our inquiry volume will be lower, but our quality is higher and a number of advertisers are telling us that they are seeing enrollments from those that visit Abroad101. Respectable ROI has led some advertisers to increase the size of their campaigns with Abroad101 this year. Don’t worry, we’re not sold out yet! There’s still room for more ads through our unique ad rotations.
In case you need a refresher:
- Abroad101 is the first and largest study abroad review website, recognized by many as the “Trip Advisor” of Study Abroad, a responsible member of the study abroad community and an advocate for students
- Abroad101 is the official evaluation platform at a number of universities which assures exposure on those campuses, more schools join use each month
- Students visit Abroad101 to discover programs and also to research and validate their options, a good presence on Abroad101 can impact their choices and boost conversions
- Reviews are used for multiple purposes, visitors are often parents and advisors who impact a student’s decision
- Advertising is designed to increase exposure and generate extra clicks to program pages and generate additional student inquiries or requests for application instructions
- Extra inquiries/leads are generated through Abroad101’s LeadMatch which gives students extra choices after inquiring to a non-advertised program
- Advertisers see their programs highlighted and select reviews promoted through Abroad101’s popular social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
- International Summer Schools (at foreign universities)
- Law School Summer Programs
- High School Study Abroad
- Gap Year Abroad
For more information about advertising, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For support and general questions, please contact email@example.com
Feel free to call us at 212-321-0928 whenever we can be of service.