Finding your perfect match is always challenging. Being uncommitted isn’t always easy, but you are free to explore your options! I had a few flings before college, England introduced me to host families and Argentina showed me how to Tango. But once I got to college, I had no idea what I wanted. Don’t let this happen to you, learn how to put the Abroad101 Matchmaker tool to work!
Are you ready to start planning your study abroad? Do you know where you want to go? Most students don’t know where they want to study abroad, and it can be a daunting task to make that decision. Abroad101 designed a Matchmaking tool for students looking for their perfect match, I’d like to tell you how to use it and give you some other tips on deciding where to study abroad.
First, try to think if there are any countries that particularly spark your interest. Then decide what is important to you to have in your study abroad experience. Do you want to become fluent in another language? Aching for some extraordinary cultural experiences? Once you’ve thought about it a little, visit Abroad101.
On our homepage, we have a Matchmaker tool specifically designed to search through study abroad programs according to what is important to you.
1. Choose a country to narrow the search, if you want
2. You can narrow further by cities in selected country
3. Use the sliding bar to indicate how important to you the following categories are:
- Cost of Living
4. Find my Match!
5. Read through all the student reviews from matched programs to get a true feel of what your experience could be like.
Other things to keep in mind when you’re choosing a country to spend a semester with:
- Do I want to be in a city or in the country side?
- Do I want to be in a classroom or doing field research?
- Do I want easy accessibility to traveling outside my host country?
- What kind of activities do I want to do in my free time?
This is all about YOU, don’t worry where you’re friends are going, you’ll meet new friends along the way.
After you’ve made your difficult decision, start getting excited! Remember, this isn’t marriage, you’ll have plenty of time to taste the other fish in the sea. Italy stole my heart in college, then Spain stole me away for the next year. Australia showed me the outback, and tested my ability. New Zealand was the most beautiful, and showed me a great time indeed. All my loves have a special place in my heart. I hope you can find your perfect match too!
Here’s a special video of another Abroad101 matchmaker story.
Wherever you choose, remember to make the most of your experiences. If you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you’re with!